Want To Know More? Contact Me

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Time for Me

Finding "me" time has been on my to-do list, unfortunately, I keep moving "me" time to the bottom of the list. Finally, I moved "me" time to the top of the list and spent some time in the art room, doing what I love to do; create!

I made three new journals with blue handmade paper. These three journals still need envelopes inside. I really like the journal that has hidden compartments for storing secrets and special memories.




I also worked more on my art journal. The idea of daily entries in any journal is too overwhelming for me. I don't care to be on a regiment or a schedule. When I feel like being creative, I make an entry.  The journal to this point has been a collection of quotes.

I've attempted drawing, but I am not an artist. The whole idea behind an art journal is that it can become an outlet to try new mediums.

I was skimming through a library book on creative ideas with photographs. The artist crinkled and torn a photograph and then puzzled it back in place. Here's my version:



I love writing my feelings, my thoughts and special stories. Often times, I find writer's block stopping the creative process. I wanted to put my thoughts on paper, but just couldn't find the right words. So, I took an old magazine and cut out words that floated through my head. I laid them on two sheets of the journal and the story came to life.


Any of my journal can be used for an art journal. I highly encourage you to let your creative mind flow on to a keepsake page. Whether you think you're an artist, or whether you think like me that you have no artist talent, use of an art journal is very gratifying. I still can't believe I chose psychedelic pink for my cover. I just know that I'm glad I took this weekend for some much needed "me" time.


No comments:

Post a Comment