Want To Know More? Contact Me

Saturday, April 30, 2011

A Mini To-Do

My weekends a packed full of "To-Dos". There's the things I want to do (create journals, work in the yard, bake cookies), the things I must do (laundry, groceries) and the things I usually do (juggle all aspects of my life into two short weekend days).
Coffee is always on the top of my must-do-to-do list. Today, after coffee and muffins for breakfast, I donned the warmest fleece clothes and spent four hours in the side yard. I'm tired of growing weeds so this year, my newest outdoor project involves adding a mini golf course to this side of my house. Unfortunately, in those four hours it snowed two times, so the project is progressing very slow.  When my muscles couldn't move another mound of dirt, I took a long hot shower, ate some pizza for lunch and decided to work on making a few mini journals.

Side view--Coptic Stitch


I cut scrap pieces of book board in interesting shapes and covered the board with scrapes of paper. This is a very creative way to add character to the front of a book, without adding expense. 

Each book has six signatures with 16 sheets of writing surfaces. Each signature contains a sheet of handmade paper.
These twelve minis are slated to be a gift at a work meeting, later this week. I belong to a group of HR professionals who, like me, have worked very hard during this ski season. I thought a handmade, special gift in the form of a mini book would be the perfect way for a busy professional to keep track of their "to-do" lists.

I couldn't keep track of all I do if I didn't use my mini journal to keep me on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment